Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Canon Restaurant Review: Steak 'n Shake, Acworth, GA

Because of reasons I won't get into in this space, I spent last night in the Kennesaw, GA area. After a while, I and my companions started to get hungry, and so at around 1 a.m., we went down to the Steak 'n Shake in Acworth because, well, it was open. Originally, I thought that the restaurant was in Kennesaw, but after looking up the address, it turns out we were in Acworth. Oh well, no biggie. In case you don't know, Steak 'n Shake is a nationwide chain operating in 22 states that is famous for its Steak burgers and a large variety of milkshakes. The interior is styled after the typical 50s style diner, with a black and white checkerboard floor, a long counter surrounded by stools at the front of the restaurant, and a number of booths. Steak 'n Shake also has drive-thru service, which I used some two months ago to get an orange cream milkshake, which by the way was probably one of the three best milkshakes I've ever had.

Like I said, we got to Steak 'n Shake a little after one o'clock in the morning. Despite that, there were quite a lot of people still dining in the restaurant, although we had no trouble finding a table. Even though there were a lot of empty tables, I noticed that most of the tables still had plates and glasses on them, and they only had one person trying to do anything about it. For our part, the table where we were sat was clean enough. Also, they had some music playing, and it was very, very loud, to the point where we could hardly hear each other talk. Plus, most of the music wasn't that good. I don't mind if restaurants play some music in the background, I just don't like it when they play it at ear-shattering levels. Our waiter was quick to get our drink orders, and a couple minutes later, we all ordered our food. I ordered the Original Double 'N Cheese, topped with mustard, pickles, ketchup, lettuce, and relish, which came with some thinly sliced fries on the side. My mother ordered something similar, only with a tomato and without pickles, while my sister ordered a cup of vegetable soup and a vanilla milkshake, as the milkshake was her primary motivation to go to Steak 'N Shake.

Maybe it was the fact that we hadn't ate in a long time, but it did seemed to take a long time for our food to arrive, considering we just ordered two burgers and a cup of soup. Nevertheless, we got our food and started chowing down. I thought the burger, even though it didn't seem to have a whole lot of meat for a double cheeseburger, was rather good, cooked nicely, with all of the toppings complimenting the burger nicely. However, the burger was coated in mustard, which wasn't that big of a deal to me, but my mother's burger also had lots of mustard on it, and she wasn't particularly happy about it. I also thought that the fries were rather good as well, as they were neither too soft nor too crunchy. My sister seemed to think that the vegetable soup was ok, while the vanilla milk shake was very good. I should know, as we ended up sharing the thing, and I must say it was rather tasty. Service was decent, as our waiter seemed to be a nice enough guy. However, it did take a while for me to get a refill after finishing my coke.

Overall, I thought my dining experience at Steak 'n Shake was ok, as it had its high points and low points. I'll give it a 6 out of 10, and if I go again, I might have to try their chili. Well, thanks for reading, and if you have any comments about this or previous posts, or ideas for future reviews or posts, than share them either by leaving a comment or by sending me an e-mail at KtheC2001@gmail.com.

Steak 'n Shake on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment